Healing Art Mini Retreats
1-Day Overnight Healing Art Retreat
Custom Dates Winter, Spring 2018
Over the past five years, requests from individuals for assistance with using art to address grief, serious illnesses, injury and trauma have found me. It is through working with each of these individuals that I realize my calling. Hearing my mother’s life-long quest for wellness, I have designed healing art programs including; stress management, anxiety, wellness, trauma and PTSD, surgery recovery, cancer, and other illnesses.
Your Personalized Mini Retreat
Whether you are recovering from surgery, trauma, living with a long-term illness, or simply managing the stress of everyday living ~ art can make an extraordinary difference incorporated into your wellness program. With it, you can facilitate the progress you and your health care professionals are making.
Being a creative participant is invigorating. Each person’s healing process is unique. I work with people dealing with anxiety, stress, grief, trauma, PTSD, cancer, ms, bone marrow transplant, heart issues, low energy and stamina, recovering from surgery or injury, and those supporting loved ones who are ill. My job is to facilitate your process through art, and help you hear the Creator within you.
With art your healing process becomes tangible. You can interact with it, coax it along, even get mad with it! Yes! That’s part of it too! True self expression has two sides. Expressing both is important. Art is a safe way to do this!
Your mind body spirit was designed to energize you. Here’s what you need, and what you don’t, to get it flowing.
What You Will Need
You will need your calendar and a willingness to explore. Being open is the first step. If you are closed, bookmark this page and come back later. If you are open, then use your calendar to select a date.
What You Don’t Need
- You don’t need to know what media or direction you are going. We will sort this out in your session. Many people change media and directions. Listening to the Creator within, you will know which media and direction to use step by step.
- You don’t need to have ANY previous art experience. At all! None. Period. This is the most asked question. You will not be expected to compete, or show your art to anyone. In many ways being a novice is easier than being an expert. We won’t spend any time UNteaching you old ways of approaching art. And you won’t waste any time worrying about looking good.
- You don’t need art supplies to start. A simple pen and paper will suffice for your first session. Though if you wish you may bring art materials. Easels and palettes are available in my studio. If you wish to use one of my studio watercolor setups for $15, let me know so I can have it ready for you when you arrive.
Your session will be at my Art Cottage Studio in Cobbs Creek, Virginia. You can see photos of it here. Arrive 1:00 pm Depart 11:00 am.
- DAY 1
- Check In Noon – 1:00 pm
- Afternoon session 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- 3:00 – 5:00 Tea & Free Time
- 6:00 Dinner with Dorothy at a local restaurant
- 8:00 pm Free Time
- DAY 2
- Continental Breakfast 8:00 am
- Morning Art Session 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Check Out 11:00
You may include additional questions or information in the message box. If you wish, you may include your interest in painting, journaling, dreamwork, specific media, or specific issues or illness. However, this is not required.
When I receive your booking application, I will consider your interests, answer any questions you may have, and let you know if the date you have chosen is available. (Personalized Healing Art Retreats are designed for one person only. If it is appropriate for you to bring someone who is helping you ~ spouse or partner ~ let me know.)
You will receive a payment link to pay for your retreat on PayPal with any major credit card. If you prefer to send a check, you may do so with instructions in your payment email.
Healing Art Mini Retreat
Start by selecting a date you are available.
Fill in your information and Apply Now.
[booking type=18 nummonths=2]