Whether you’ve painted before, or are simply interested in learning how it’s done, this is your opportunity to expand your knowledge and expertise.
In May twenty professional artists from Gary Pendleton’s definitive book, 100 Plein Air Painters of the Mid Atlantic will come to the river to paint. Together with the community they will create the first Heart of the River Art Collection. The essential element in their success in capturing the inspiration and essence of life at the river is communication and understanding. That’s where my team of docents will play a leading role!
I invite you to join me on Friday, May 5 OR Saturday, May 6 morning for everything you need to know about plein air painting.
As a Docent you will
- Receive a Free digital copy of my book about plein air painting in France, Discovering Joy’s Garden.
- Go out plein air painting with me. Bring an easel and paint, or watch and ask questions.
- Meet the artists and hear their ideas about what it takes to capture the essence of a scene.
- Help guide the public in learning about plein air painting, the artists, and their process.
- Share camaraderie and inspiration while facilitating the creation of Heart of the River Art Collection.
The Gloucester Plain Air Festival starts May 20-21 with a Plein Air Painting Workshop with Hai-Ou Hou, director of Chesapeake Fine Art Studio in Stevensville, Maryland. All artists are invited to join in a Nocturne Paint Out at Little England with Hai-Ou Hou and to paint in Gloucester village at Paint Main 2.5 on Saturday morning, May 27. Come and watch the pros or pick up a brush and join in the fun.