New brushes arrived for my trip. To my surprise, they were much smaller than I thought they would be. No time to exchange them, yet I couldn’t bring myself to put them in with the old dog eared brushes in my kit.
A quick search of my supply cabinet yielded two brush cases, canvas with heavy protective zippered enclosure. Each weighed more than a pound! Forget this.
Another search uncovered rolls of reed panel curtain remnants. Ummmm … I couldn’t throw these away last winter when I installed Ikea panel curtains in the kitchen.
Soft enough to fold over one end, I measured the brushes to see how I might construct a simple carrier. The panel curtain is woven reeds which will allow the brushes to dry. Soft enough to roll easily, yet strong enough when rolled up to protect the delicate brush tips
To stitch it together, I top stitched the ends first, then one center line. This kept the fabric from sliding while I sewed. I made some of the channels narrow, others wider for larger sized brushes.